Monday, December 2, 2013

Visions in a Tailspin

I've been in a tailspin the last couple months.



More ice cream.



More beer.


More sushi.


More Thanksgiving.


I'm still spinning. Billowing white smoke fills my cockpit and trails my falling craft, the fading memories of sea salt caramel gelato and a late night Wendy's run.

I pull back on the yoke but can't fully commit. Something startles me, so I ease up. I see Dave Thomas' spirit in the wispy exhaust next to me. He smiles and opens a little white bag. He pulls out a four-piece nugget. His friendly smile tells me to take one, so I do.

The plane falls faster. I ask him if he has any ketchup.

The plane screams and spins. "Only mustard?" I grab another nugget.

The controls fall free. The altimeter goes haywire. I reach for Dave's Frosty, but he hits his eject button and peaces out. The whirlwind continues, but no sight of the ground. I grab the stick and pull up...

I wake up.

It's late Sunday night. Passed out on the couch again.

I go upstairs and get in bed. I think of all the upcoming Christmas parties. Then I think of all the other parties last month. Ugh. Could my tailspin really continue much longer? What would Dave Thomas do? I quickly disregard that thought. He didn't even bring ketchup to my nightmare.

Really, though - It's been super fun the last couple months. Many fun times. Definitely worth a few nosedives. 

December should be nice. I hope yours is even better.

Some photos.








1 comment:

  1. youre doing the right thing. you dont want to panic like dave did. he obviously has no respect for his plane. gather yourself, its a rough ride, just be calm. eventually you will control the turmoil, youll take the tailspin where you want it to go. then you will pull out and it will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete