Sunday, October 13, 2013

All Grown Up. Sort Of.

Well, my younger brother got married last weekend.

I know this because his desk has sat empty for the last week, and my Facebook feed is littered with pictures of him drinking Mai Tais in Maui.

He did run into Dog the Bounty Hunter, though. I can appreciate this one.


I picked up his car at the airport tonight. I let it sit in extended parking about four days longer than I should have. Consequently, he owes me forty bucks.

Yours truly was the best man. He has a bevy of excellent friends, and any of his eight other groomsmen would have been suitable to carry the torch. Especially Ian. But, I was the honored and privileged. Definitely something I relished.

I think I served him well, too. I gave him a thoughtful, sincere and proper toast. That, despite having 26 years of pent up older-brother-material which will probably inevitably be made public at some future family event when I drink too much.

I didn't take as many photos as I would have liked. I snapped some on the way to the reception with my Ricoh, but not nearly as many during the festivities. I copied a bunch from my mom's little point and shoot.


























No comments:

Post a Comment