Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Weekend Work

Work has been really busy as of late.

Imagine papers and post-it notes scattered all over my desk and surrounding area. My body somewhere in the mix. Not fun.

I'd been hoping to finish up a few projects in the office, but I keep having to play catch-up on a bunch of little things. So, Ian and I decided to come in on Saturday morning for a few hours to try and put some of this stuff behind us. This ended up being a good excuse for not having to brave the cold temperatures and ride through the Dirty Dozen down in Pittsburgh.

Speaking of the Dirty Dozen, while I was safe and warm in the confines of the building that brings me income, many of my awesome and talented friends conquered those city steeps with ease. I had no doubt.

After work, Ian and I high-tailed it back to Cranberry and got some spinach, feta & tomato pizza at Pizza Sola. We proceeded down to Pittsburgh, where I purchased some super great, tan leather shoes. I also took advantage of the holiday deals and purchased a bunch of Smart Wool socks for my mom (and myself).

On Sunday, I cleaned out the bicycle dungeon, also known as my basement. Littered with bicycles, bike parts and yoga dvds, it needed some major love. In my five-hour war with the underbelly of my home, I found a lot of things I once bought then later thought Ryanne lost.

New Stan's stems. I found four more after taking this.

I also found some of the original Glorious Lord Mirtack's Breakfast Stout that I brewed eighteen months ago. This should taste excellent.

 
On Sunday night, we met up with everyone in Highland Park to have dinner for my mom's birthday. I was totally set on some chicken dish until I was convinced to get this grilled pork chop with artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes. Yes, it was awesome. Ryanne and I then split tiramisu. And by splitting, I mean I ate 95% of it. 

1 comment: