Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Early 2015 Happenings

Ryanne's been traveling a bunch for work, and I really can't decide how to spend any (or all) of my free time.

Here are a few of the things I've been wasting my time on.

1. Watching Heart and Irene Cara Flashdance videos on YouTube, semi-reminiscing of couple skates and dumping dollars on popcorn balls and dry-rotted skate rentals at Skate Castle.

Proof:


2. Looking at the Summer Solstice in my fridge. Forgotten by Scott at 6 Hours of Brady's Run 2014. Claimed by me. Forgotten at my previous residence. Recently discovered and reclaimed.

Wait in line, cold one. For now, you'll remain a colorful reminder of a muddy and sufferably fun day.


3. Speaking of Brady's run...Another showing for 2015? Not sure. Other adventures may be calling.


And what else? Oh...

4. Listening to Bon Iver.

5. And speaking of Flashdance, I always thought if I were a grown adult female in the 80's, that'd be me on the bicycle around this time.

6. Or welding.

7. Instead of looking like a grown adult male in the 2010's, here.

Not as cool.

But, we can now brew 1/2 barrel of beer in one session. And I like that.


8. Seeing Midlake and Band of Horses was great. J Mascis, too. Makes me think of Roscoe.

9. I've been running 40-50 miles per week the last eight weeks. Impressive, I know. Too impressive. The Glory Meter is about to break. If I get too good, I'll lose my sponsorships. Don't worry, we all know I fall off quite quickly. Pick a random post in the blog archives, and you'll see. Highs and lows.

Very lows.

10. Hanging many old lights in the new house. And by new, I mean over a century old. I got shocked twice. Not too bad. I thought 110V would rock this body, but I'm actually kind of proud that I didn't fall completely to the floor.


11. The lights? My parents came over this weekend and said the hallway looks like Gimbels. And I'm all right with that. Duh.


12. Eating more sushi. More Mexican. Also duh.

13. Not drinking coffee.

But pretty much still drinking coffee.


14. Although having fun...


15. And obligatory post of gas-inducing root vegetables.


Next post: Updated pic of Scott's beer in Jan 2016.

2 comments:

  1. Enough gas to form a small planet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time I dutch oven Ryanne, I'll make her call me Little Jupiter before freeing her.

    ReplyDelete