Friday, June 21, 2013

The Doggle

Strava has the Junedoggle going on right now. It's essentially a challenge to ride as many miles, kilometers or whatever unit of measure you're accustomed to, in June.


I'm currently ranked in 16,225th place with 604km. I'll never catch Daniël Bentveld from the Netherlands who sits in first place with 6,091km in only 10 rides.

I'm actually surprised this guy can get time away from riding to upload his rides. He must have some fancy bluetooth wifi setup or something. Whatever. He's tapped in to something, and I'm not.

But, I will stay ahead of Gotch, and that constitutes about 25% of my real-life worries. He's only about 20km back, so I have to bring my A-game the next couple of weeks. If I can stay in the saddle while he's living up to his Chicken Finger moniker at KFC, I'll be set.

The "one" in my one-two punch comes this weekend. Ryanne and I signed up to ride the Diabolical Double together down in Deep Creek, Maryland. This should amount to about 125 miles and 17,000ft of climbing. Since signing up, the only thing I can think about is how much I'm going to want to crush a burrito slathered in guacamole after finishing. I've already been researching nearby Mexican locales.

Proof in a recent conversation:


If I'm not too wrecked the next day, it will be a good Sunday with friends, food and rocks in Kennerdell.

Enjoy the sunny weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment