Thursday, July 11, 2013

Going Above and Beyond

I feel like I'm a pretty good co-worker.

I know that Dan in the warehouse will giddily ask me on a Monday morning, "So what'd ya think of that shot on 18? Can you believe how far it rolled back? How 'bout that birdie on nine?!" I'll respond excitedly with some tidbit of knowledge that I caught on the morning radio show during my bleary post-weekend commute. A tidbit, yes. Like a lighted match in an endless black tunnel that is the world of golf. He'll walk away happy. I'll smile. A feather in my cap.

I'll walk up front, and the office ladies will be celebrating the Pirates' latest home win. Some'll be wearing their number 22 "Cutch" jerseys, but all of them no doubt re-enacting the home run Alvarez hit in the 7th. That's right, he hit a homer in the 7th, and I'm right on top of it. I'll re-enact it myself, and I didn't even see it. Hell, I don't even know what Alvarez looks like. I'll bat a crumpled invoice over the array of snacks on top of the filing cabinets; the Chex-Mix making a perfect warning track. The ladies'll cheer. I'll jog around the printers. Two feathers earned - I'll hang up my imaginary cap and sit down at my desk.

All in all, I really do have interest in my co-workers' interests, because there's nothing worse than going to work excited about something and then having no one to share that excitement with. But, I can't catch 100% of everything, so I do my best.

Things will be different tomorrow, though.

My younger brother has been blowing up my phone about this evening's premiere of "Sharknado" on SyFy. I had thought about watching some of it, then decided to instead write a quick blog about not watching it. I should be in the dark on this one. No tidbits of knowledge. No lighted match in a black tunnel. No visions in my head of tidbits of likely Sharknado victims. Nothing.

But, unfortunately I feel the poster below reveals approximately 85% of the plot, so maybe tomorrow won't be different after all.

Undoubtedly, Tara Reid will look like Ian Ziering circa 1996, and Ian Ziering will look like Ian Ziering circa 2034.

That's right. Enough said.

Happy soon-to-be-Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment